Welcome to the first ever Domestic Divas Giveaway!
You all know what a big fan I am of eating seasonally, so this giveaway is in honor of avocado season. Here's what you could win:
- Norpro 18/10 Stainless Steel Avocado Slicer - creates perfect slices for sandwiches, salads and snacks; easily separates the peel while slicing
- Avocado Cutter - includes great recipe for Avocado Pasta Salad With Red Pepper And Feta Cheese
- Avocado Tote Bag - perfect for replacing plastic bags when you go to the store
- $20 Coupon For Border Grill or Ciudad (off a check of $50 or more)
- Free Taco Coupon from the Border Grill Taco Truck
Not only are avocados versatile and delicious, but they're loaded with great health benefits. They're high in oleic acid (a monounsaturated fat that helps lower cholesterol), potassium (regulates blood pressure), folate (important for heart health), lutein and vitamin E (healthy eyes). Not only that, but eating avocado with other vegetables (say in a salad or salsa) increases absorption of the healthy nutrients from these foods. It's like a double bonus!
California Avocado Commission! The event included a cooking demonstration by the amazing Chef Susan Finger (check her out on this season's "Top Chef Masters") and Chef Mary Sue Milliken, at their restaurant Ciudad, which serves their signature modern Mexican fare. Wow, what an amazing treat to have two legends teaching us about cooking and preparing our lunch, filled with amazing avocado recipes! We were also put through a "Top Chef" style guacamole challenge, and I'm proud to report that Allison from A For Aubergine and I had the 2nd place winner! I'll be posting our winning recipe, along with pictures from the event, so stay tuned.
In the meantime, get your entries in to win these great prizes!