|Summer Potato Salad|
Can you believe that the 4th of July is just around the corner?
Kuzak and I are traveling to Iowa to visit his family, while the Adorable Monster is off to camp for a week. Hot summer weather awaits us in the Midwest. In honor of that, I thought that I'd revisit one of my favorite summer recipes. Is any BBQ complete without a great potato salad? Not in my book!
Filled with spices and herbs, this isn't your average potato salad. So this holiday weekend, give it a shot. It's sure to be a hit.
Serves 4-6 people
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pimenton (smoked paprika)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- To cook the potatoes, bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until they can be barely pierced with knife.
- Strain the potatoes and cover with a towel to allow them to steam for another 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, tumeric, pimenton, cayenne pepper and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve or quarter them depending on their size.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and cover them with the dressing to keep them moist.
- Add the spring onion and celery. Toss and check seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the ingredients to blend together.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Source For Ingredients
- baby Yukon gold potatoes, organic mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, organic celery, spring onions and organic parsley from Trader Joe's
- organic tumeric, pimenton, cayenne pepper from Whole Foods
- organic apple cider vinegar from the Hollywood Farmers Market