|Roasted Asparagus with Lemon & Parmesan|
Here's my favorite way to cook it up. First, I roast it in the oven, which really brings out the sweet flavor. I serve the asparagus with with a light shaving of parmesan reggiano and slices of lemon. It's simple, elegant, and delicious. A great starting appetizer or side dish to any meal. Enjoy!
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon & Parmesan
serves 4 people
cooking time: about 20 minutes
- 2 bunches of asparagus, tips snapped off
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- parmesan reggiano for grating
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the asparagus in a roasting pan and top with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is lightly caramelized and tender, but not overcooked.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the asparagus on a serving platter.
- Grate some parmesan reggiano on top and garnish with the lemon wedges.
- asparagus and lemons from the West Hollywood Farmers Market
- parmesan reggiano from Trader Joe's