|Summer Potato Salad|
Meatless Monday (check out my article on Patch), or sign up for Picnic for the Planet sponsored by The Nature Conservancy. In celebration of Earth Day, people all over the world will be stepping outside and eating lunch in their favorite outdoor spot.
Looking for a local picnic meetup? Trying logging onto The Nature Conservancy's meetup page and join a local picnic happening near you, or start your own.
Want to find a great picnic recipe? Check out this website for recipes from top chefs like Eric Ripert and Carla Hall (yes, she's from actual Top Chef). Or try my fabulous Summer Potato Salad recipe--it's sure to make a great picnic!
Serves 4-6 people
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pimenton (smoked paprika)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- To cook the potatoes, bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until they can be barely pierced with knife.
- Strain the potatoes and cover with a towel to allow them to steam for another 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, tumeric, pimenton, cayenne pepper and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve or quarter them depending on their size.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and cover them with the dressing to keep them moist.
- Add the spring onion and celery. Toss and check seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the ingredients to blend together.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Source For Ingredients
- baby Yukon gold potatoes, organic mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, organic celery, spring onions and organic parsley from Trader Joe's
- organic tumeric, pimenton, cayenne pepper from Whole Foods
- organic apple cider vinegar from the Hollywood Farmers Market