Some of the best recipes are the simplest.
As I have mentioned, this is also true for many of the best things in life.
There are few things I love more than a great Greek Salad. In fact, this is what I'm planning to make for lunch today. The combination of heirloom cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, crisp red bell peppers, grassy dill, and tangy feta just works.
I toss these great veggies and cheese with mixed greens (or occasionally arugula). The dressing—just fresh squeezed lemon juice and good extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper. That's it. Really.
It takes only minutes to make, but you'll want savor it for even longer.
Quick & Easy Greek Salad
Serves 2 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, dill, and feta into a salad bowl or mixing bowl. Add the lemon and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Add the mixed greens and toss again.
- Transfer the mixture to bowls. Top with a little fresh ground pepper if desired. Enjoy!