|Roasted Baby Eggplant with Cilantro-Yogurt Sauce|
Happy New Year's Eve!
Can you believe that 2012 is almost upon us?
This year has flown by for me, as I'm sure that it has for you, too. I find that today is a great time for reflecting on the past year and how far we've all come. I love making a list of all of the things that I've accomplished this year.
Here are a few quick ones in no particular order:
1. I finished my debut novel and signed with a fabulous agent and went out on submission with it (still waiting to hear back from some publishers).
2. The traffic for Domestic Divas more than doubled this year! Thank you to my wonderful readers. Just last night, I wanted to look at swordfish recipes for dinner. So I typed into google search: "Swordfish Recipe." Lo and behold, my own recipe for Blackened Swordfish with Tarragon Yogurt Sauce came up on the first page of results! That's amazing! I made it for dinner and it was delicious.
3. I launched a new website and blog for my writing (www.jenniferdawnbrody.com). You can also follow me on Twitter @jennifer_brody.
4. I conceived and began writing my new novel (YA science-fiction).
And that's just the beginning.
Not to mention, all of the cooking and great recipes that have filled my year. I'm a better cook now than I was at the start of the year. I also always think about health and fitness and love and the Adorable Monster and my husband and family and give thanks for all of it.
This year, I am meditating on my new year resolution. It's pretty simple really:
To write and write and write and write and then write some more!
I want to finish my new book and follow whatever path it may lead me down. I also want to continue on my journey to eat beautiful, fresh, healthy foods and exercise.
If you feel inclined, share what your resolution is in the comments section. I'd love to hear how everybody is planning to rock out 2012!
I also thought I'd share a list of my ten favorite recipes from 2011. There were so many great ones to choose from, but here they are in no particular order.
|Sous Vide Scallops with Pea Tendrils & Buerre Blanc Sauce|
My 10 Favorite Recipes from 2011:
- Curried Sea Bass with Coconut Milk
- Spicy Peanut Kale
- Sous Vide Scallops with Pea Tendrils & Buerre Blanc Sauce
- Panko-Crusted Squash Blossoms
- Roasted Baby Eggplant with Cilantro-Yogurt Sauce
- Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Curried Coconut Lentil Soup
- Braised White Bean Cassoulet
- Sous Vide Pork Chops with Apple-Bourbon Coulis
- Blackened Swordfish with Tarragon-Yogurt Sauce
Post a Comment