|Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
Summer brings many wonderful things (and a few unwanted ones, too). Peach season is among the highlights.
We're experiencing it full blown right now. Grocery stores and farmers markets alike are overflowing. My cup runneth over. On my list of favorite foods, peaches this time of year are near the top.
I'm always looking for fun ways to incorporate them into my recipes. Peach Salsa is a definite no-brainer. Spicy, sweet, and everything in between, it tastes fabulous on grilled meat like the pork chops featured here, or any kind of grilled fish. So next time you're hosting a dinner party, or just having a quiet night at home, bust out the peaches and try making salsa for a taste of summer itself.
Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
Serves 4 people
Cooking time: about 30 minutes
Dairy free; gluten free
- 4 boneless pork chops
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 peaches, pit removed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill.
- Generously salt and pepper the pork chops.
- Grill the pork chops for a few minutes (depending on thickness) on each side until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the peaches, jalapeno, shallots, and herbs. Add the lemon juice and olive oil, tossing to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place a pork chop on a plate and top with a generous portion of peach salsa. Enjoy!
Source for Ingredients
- organic pork chops, organic tarragon, organic lemons, jalapenos, and extra virgin olive oil from Whole Foods
- organic peaches from the West Hollywood Farmers Market