|Vegan Chocolate Pot de Creme|
I love summer entertaining. On Saturday night, we had a group of friends over for a simple dinner of grilled turkey and organic grassfed beef burgers. We had plenty of wine, but I knew that any great party needs a great dessert.
The resulting dish is very rich, almost like a flourless chocolate cake. This dessert is for the serious chocolate lovers amongst you. I served it with fresh summer berries, for the perfect ending to a lovely dinner party. Enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Pot de Creme
Adapted from Eat, Live, Run
Prep time: about 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 12-oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces silken tofu, drained
- shaved dark chocolate
- fresh mint leaves for garnishing
- Melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler or in a large metal bowl placed over a pot of simmering water.
- Once they’ve melted, add the chocolate almond milke, the vanilla extract and the tofu. Stir to break up the tofu and combine.
- Place mixture in a blender or vita-mix and process for about thirty seconds, or until completely smooth.
- Pour into shot glasses or small bowls.
- Shave dark chocolate on top and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour and a half or so before serving.
Source for Ingredients
- chocolate almond milk, organic tofu, semi-sweet chocolate chips, organic mint, and organic dark chocolate from Trader Joe's
- organic vanilla extract from Whole Foods