|Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Feta|
How was everybody's weekend?
I cannot believe that August is here. My birthday is in only two short days, and I've yet to make any plans or prepare myself mentally for turning yet another year older. I mean, this year has literally flown by. Dare I say it? I'm going to be 32. That's right--I didn't mistakenly juxtapose those two numbers. Gasp.
I just get that feeling that there's still so much I want to do with my life. That I've only touched the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Scratched the surface. A new novel is under construction right now, a daunting and monumentally challenging, but exhilarating task (my first novel is out in the world as we speak, searching for the right agent). This new one is young adult science fiction, and I'm loving creating and living in the world, but it is an all-consuming effort at times.
Often, I have to remind myself to... just breathe. To take it one sentence, and one chapter, and one moment at a time, like with everything else in life. My daily morning yoga routine helps with this. And so does the Adorable Monster and his unwavering love and affection (he really is the best dog ever). And I have to remind myself not to put so much pressure on myself all the time. It's my perfectionist tendencies coming through (hello Type A personality!).
This hot August Monday, I'm pulling out a recipe from the vault to commemorate squash season. It's here people--get on board! Even better, Meatless Monday is featuring this recipe this week on their website, so check it out here.
Sweet, fresh summer squash is overflowing at grocery stores and farmers markets all across this great country. I love roasting squash with nothing more than olive oil, salt, and pepper. This recipe brings a Mediterranean flair to roasted zucchini in the form of sun-dried tomatoes, feta, and fresh mint (it goes great with squash).
Question: is there anything that I don't like to put feta on?
Not many things, that's for sure!
Zucchini With Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Feta
Serves 4 people
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I prefer goat's milk, but any kind works)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the zucchini with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the zucchini in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Once it's finished cooking, remove the zucchini from the oven.
- Then, toss the zucchini with the sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Check seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the fresh mint. Enjoy!
Source For Ingredients
- organic zucchini and organic mint from the Hollywood Farmers Market
- goat's milk feta from Whole Foods